We are looking for a graphic designer and content producer for our digital channels. You will be responsible for creating original graphic, data-based and video content in Arabic, Hebrew and English and manage our visual identity in a cohesive way. We expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. We are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic professional with a creative mind and interest in humanitarian matters. Tasks:
• Creates digital designs following the ICRC’s visual identity for a diverse set of digital products (infographics, social media cards, interactive products, email newsletters, donor reports etc);
• Plans, produces (from the concept stage to the final product, including commissioning content, carrying out film missions and scriptwriting), promotes and distributes communication products that target television and digital news broadcasters. Inputs into communication strategies, shaping concepts to ensure products successfully reach the intended audiences.
• Collaborates closely with digital officers working on visual assets (photos, videos, animated GIFs);
• Assists communications colleagues with visual elements for video projects;
• Assists in campaigns and collaborations with external agencies ensuring correct use of ICRC branding;
• Develops standardised templates for infographic-style products (printable/PDF, interactive, HTML-based);
• Trains and coaches colleagues in design techniques and methodologies.
Education and professional experience requirements
• Fluent, written and spoken Hebrew, Arabic and English a must;
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite;
• Fluency with both Windows and Mac platforms;
• Familiarity with HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML;
• Very strong understanding of UX/UI design, usability and user-centred design concepts;
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems (Drupal/WordPress);
• Proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms;
• Social media analytics skills an advantage;
• Strong interest in humanitarian/human rights issues;
• Experience in the NGO/humanitarian sphere an advantage;
• 1-3 years' working experience in a similar function;
• Work from home or our TEL Aviv office
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Please submit in English until 15/2/2021:
1. Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email